More than 43 million motorist will hit the road on Thanksgiving Day weekend. It is a great time of years when we look forward to seeing family and friends. To keep it a happy and safe holiday here are a few driving safety tips:
- Check you vehicle. Check the coolant level in the radiator and tire pressure. Have new windshield wipers installed and check the oil level. If you are driving a long distance to grandma’s dinner, check the brakes too.
- Plan your route ahead. Avoid getting lost by planning your route ahead of time. Google map works great on Iphone.
- Don’t argue with large trucks. Remember trucks are longer and heavier and will take loner to stop.
- Bring along an emergency kit. Make sure you have good batteries, flashlight, jumper cables, first aid kit, tire repair kit, blanket and a charged cell phone.
- Watch for truck blind spots. If you cannot see the driver of a truck in his mirror, then chances are that he cannot see you.
- Watch the road. Keeping your eyes on the road can save your life. Wait for a rest stop to use the cell phone. Taking your eyes off the road for just two seconds doubles the changes for an accident.
- Leave early. Leave early so you are not anxious about arriving on time. Road and weather conditions can change so stay up to date with weather conditions and give yourself sufficient time.
- Be aware of the vehicle in front of you. Leave extra room between you and the vehicle in front of you. At least one car lenght for every 10 miles per hour. If you are driving at 50 mph then no less than five car lenghts, maybe more.
- Buckle that seat belt. Se sure to buckle that seat belt and strape in the child into a car seat. Seat beats reportedly reduce injuries by 45%.
- Remove any ice or snow from you windshield.
Thanksgiving weekend is the most traveled time of the year. Be safe, considerate of others on the road and enjoy Thanksgiving turkey.
We at Lance Lawsuit Funding wish you a safe Thanksgiving holiday.